Auditions Announcement for Menominee High School Theatre’s 2023 Production of The Addams Family
Auditions are open to all students in grades 7-12!
Synopsis: Based on Charles Addams’ original cartoons, The Addams Family finds the charmingly creepy clan facing a new nightmare: Wednesday has fallen in love...with a nice young man from Ohio!! Despite the pair’s plea for things to just be normal for once, the dinner party hosted by Gomez and Morticia to meet the boy’s parents soon goes devilishly awry. This wickedly hilarious musical conjures the irreverent spirit and morbid humor of the comics while illustrating that though the unknown may be frightening when we face the darkness, love, and acceptance await.
Performance Dates: April 20th – 22nd @ 7pm, & April 23rd @ 2pm
- Auditions will be held on Tues, Nov. 15th, & Weds, Nov. 16th at 4:30 pm, in the band room at Blesch.
- Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 5 pm in the band room at Blesch
- Dance Call will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 30th at 5 pm in Blesch Auditorium*
*All who audition will be required to attend the Dance Call, so come in your best movement/gym clothes!
Please prepare: One minute of a song of your choice that tells a story, and shows your vocal range.
You can use a Karaoke track from YouTube. A Blu Tooth speaker will be provided. Show me how awesome you are with a song you like (theatre, pop, R&B, etc.), as long as it is not from this show!
If you are unable to make the dates listed above or have any questions about auditions, the theatre program, or working behind the scenes, please feel free to send me an email at
email@example.com, and I will help you with whatever you need!
Want to be involved with the theatre program, but don’t want to be onstage?
We are looking for student leaders for the following positions:
- Stage Crew (Set Construction/Painting)
- Assistant Stage Managers (will be in stage crew)
- Props Designers
- Costume Assistants
- Light & Sound Board operators
The Addams Family Musical
• Gomez Addams - A suave, yet comical man who takes great pride in his family and revels in
all it means to be an Addams. He struggles keeping his daughter’s secret from his wife, whom
he adores more than death. Husband to Morticia. Strong Comedic Role.
• Male, Lead, Baritone
• Morticia Addams - The attractive, strong-willed Matriarch – the strength of the family. An
easy comedic actress with a dry wit. Feels her husband is hiding something from her and will
use any tactic to lure the secret out. She is the real head of the family and fears her daughter
and they aren’t as close as they used to be.
• Female, Lead, Mezzo-Soprano/Alto
• Wednesday Addams - Wednesday is an 18-year-old girl who has the same dry wit and
sensibility as her mother. Finds love with a “normal” boy (Lucas) and wants to introduce his
family to hers. She experiences the lovesick drama that comes with first love and when two
very different families meet. She longs for the approval of her parents but isn't afraid to show
her rebellious side.
• Female, Lead, Pop Mezzo-Soprano with Strong Belt
• Pugsley Addams - Wednesday’s troublesome younger brother. A funny and sometimes
annoying 13-year-old boy who loves being tortured by his sister. He wants to ensure he won’t
lose his sister to her new boyfriend so he takes matters into his own hands. Strong, high
• Male, supporting role, Tenor
• Uncle Fester Addams - Vaudeville-style Comedian, That one awkward family member who
serves as the musical’s narrator. He’s larger than life; an energetic, joyous, child-like presence.
Uncle Fester is incorrigible and, except for the good nature of the family and the ignorance of
the police would ordinarily be under lock and key.
• Male, Supporting, Tenor/Baritone
• Grandma Addams - She’s one feisty old woman. Fun and quirky, but don’t mess with her.
Grandma often schemes with Pugsley and offers advice when needed. She’s more of an
oddball than a typical, comforting grandmother figure. Strong comedic role.
• Female, Featured, Soprano/Mezzo
• Lurch - The Addams butler who knows all, but says less. He speaks in moans and groans.
Probably a Zombie.
• Male, featured, Bass/Baritone
• Lucas Beineke - Fell in love with Wednesday Addams and plans to marry her. Experiences
the youthful pain and drama of young love and struggles with the differences between his
family and the Addams family. Lucas is a ‘normal guy' who's a little dorky. Wednesday
absolutely intrigues him.
• Male, Supporting, Tenor
• Alice Beineke - Mother of Lucas, is devoted to her family so she puts aside her own desires.
Alice is a quirky mom who often speaks in rhymes. While at the Addams family dinner party,
she drinks a potion that causes her to let her hair down and speak the truth rather than always
appearing as “perfect". Strong comedy skills are needed.
• Female, Supporting, Soprano/Mezzo with Strong Belt
• Mal Beineke - Stuffy father of Lucas and exasperated husband to his rhyming wife, Alice. At
one time was a follower of a grungy, punk band, but has lost that side of himself and has
become a stereotypical businessman. Always looking out for his family’s future and how they
might look to his colleagues and the rest of the world.
• Male, Supporting, Tenor/Baritone
• The Ancestors
- Ancestors of the Addams family who now live on ‘the other side’, but are
summoned once a year to come to celebrate with the family. They help tell the story, offer
advice and interact with the characters throughout the play.
• Any Gender, Any Voice Type